It's all about downhill
Up with a lift, down by bike. Wilderness calls in the morning, sauna in the evening. The conquest of forest hills begins as soon as you step outside. Ruka-Kuusamo offers the conditions, gear and versatile opportunities for mountain biking in stunning landscapes. Trails and routes for pros and beginners, both challenging and easy-going.
The first Ruka Bike Park trails opened during autumn 2020, and more is under way by the end of the summer season 2021.
Bike to the light, northern summer night!
Northern biking - reindeer and stuff
You can take your bike up to the top of Ruka with Village-2-Valley gondola and VillageExpress chairlift. Take a look at the bikers' ticket prices and lift opening hours.
There is a bike washing spot at the slopeside end of Piste building (near the chair lift) and charging spot for e-bikes next to Tykky Scenery Tower. Four most common chargers for e-bikes are free for use.
More informaton about routes and their condition as well as riding buddies can be found in Ruka Freeriders Facebook group.
Ruka Bike Park rules
1. Make sure your equipment is adjusted and working properly. Always use a helmet. Use of other protecting gear is recommended.
2. Select the track and adapt your speed according to your skills and the environment. Always familiarize yourself with special areas in advance. Use detours if needed.
3. Keep your distance when you pass other riders and hikers below and ahead of you.
4. Stay on track, do not change it or cut lines.
5. Stop only at places where you can be easily seen. If you need to go uphill, always do it outside the track.
6. Be aware of your own position and others!
7. Biking in the bike park under the influence of alcohol/drugs is prohibited.
8. You always ride at your own risk.
9. In the event of accidents, your duty is to assist. Report any accidents immediately to bike park staff.
10. Always respect the signs at the bike park and follow the instructions of the staff. The staff is authorised to take away the lift pass from anyone who ignores the bike park rules.
Ruka village as your basecamp
A great mix for a successful summer vacation: comfortable lodging, tasty meals and refreshments and joyable company. Take a look at what Ruka village has got to offer and book your summer holiday now!