Welcome to Finland's most popular snow park in Ruka
Come and ride with us more than 200 days in a season at Ruka Park. Ruka Park is expected to open among the first ones in the beginning of October and it is open until the end of the season.
Ruka Park includes several jumping lines in different sizes, as well as plenty of rails, presses and other obstacles - the setup varies as the season progresses, so there is often a newly built obstacle or a fun new line in the Park. In the spring, there is also a mini pipe.
Ruka Park's crew shapes and maintains the Park every night throughout the season from October to May, and if necessary, also during the day.
Ruka Park is located in the slopes of Saarua, next to the upper station of the Village-2-Valley gondola (slopes 14 and 15). The lifts at Ruka Park are the high-speed Saarua Express (H) 4-person chair lift and the Saarua anchor lift (I).
Ruka Park slope rules:
Respecting the slope rules is important on all slopes, and you can always read the basic rules here.
Please also keep the following instructions in mind in Ruka Park:
- Please check all rails, jumps and obstacles before using them. Changes are made to the rails and slopes in Ruka Park during the whole winter. So, in the morning the shapes may be different than the day before.
- Skiers ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them. However, you must not stop in front of the jumps or the descending area or other places where you are not visible from above. A skier jumping at a very high speed is not capable of avoiding the skier below.
- As you prepare for the jump, make sure the skier ahead of you has finalized his jump and the landing area is free.
- Choose the park area according to your skills and be aware on the weather conditions - for example, with flattened light, the shapes of the jumps and rails may be more difficult to see than in clear weather. Then it can be more fun to press jumps or rails.
- Do not ski directly through the half pipe if there are other skiers ahead and skiing shapes - this will minimize the risk of a crash.
- Watch the Ski.fi Park instructional video here.