Operating instructions and rules for the Ruka caravan area
Operating instructions for Caravan area owned by Rukakeskus Oy
Utility electricity (for seasonal residents)
The electricity is switched on and off with a browser-based electricity control system that can be used on a computer, tablet or mobile. You will get instructions on electric steering after paying the carriage space. If you have problems with the electrical control, contact the Ski-Inn reception on phone +358 10 382 5150* during its opening hours or SOL real estate maintenance on call 040 684 6256, night call 040 152 8745.
Electricity billing (for seasonal residents)
The use of electricity during the winter season is billed in January and June according to the meter. The use of electricity during the summer season is billed in September. The price of utility electricity is €0.25/kWh and is confirmed annually in connection with the price of the seasonal place.
Continuous electricity (for seasonal residents)
If you want your carriage to have electricity connected all the time, go to the reception of Ski-Inn hotel Ruka Village to make a continuous electricity contract. The charge for continuous electricity is €135/season + €0.19/kWh according to the meter reading. The contract for continuous electricity must be renewed separately for each season. It is not possible to control continuous electricity with GSM control.
The parking lot and fairways are cleared when there is 10 cm of snow.
Maintenance building services
Maintenance building has a kitchen where you can prepare food, wash dishes and take household water for the carriage. Toilet, dressing and washing facilities and women's and men's saunas. Washing machines, tumble dryers and a chemical toilet drain.
Snow shovel and ladder can be borrowed from the maintenance building.
Key code for the maintenance building, the emptying room of the chemical toilet, the waste shelter and the barrier for the area
Each carriage place has its own spot-specific access code, which is valid for the duration of the rent. The code changes every time the winter season changes to the summer season and the summer season to the winter season.
- with the key code, you get access in the maintenance building, the chemical toilet emptying room and the waste room. The code also opens the drive barrier.
- The keycode number panel is installed next to the door.
- The door code is valid for the rental period and expires at the end of the period
- The code is location-specific and the customer is responsible for its use
- If you forget the code, please contact the Ski-Inn reception by calling +358 10 382 5150*. Outside of opening hours you can reach SOL by calling 040 684 6256.
You can buy gas from Ruka S-market (Sale), address Rukanriutta 7.
The saunas in the caravan area are heated daily.
During the summer season, June 1st –September 30th, 2023, saunas are warm Mon–Sun at 7–9 pm. Sauna shifts on public holidays are announced separately on the notice board in the area.
Off-season 2 - 31 May 2023:
Mon–Thurs, Sun 5pm–8pm
High season 21.2.2023 – 1.5.2023
The sauna facilities are only intended for use by residents of the caravan area. If there are outsiders on the premises, the residents of the trolley area have the right to demand their contact information and deliver it to Rukakeskus Oy for invoicing.
Rules of order for the caravan area
- The caravan area is quiet between 11pm and 7am. One warning is given for possible disorder. If the disturbances continue, the necessary measures will be taken to guarantee peace in the area.
- The caravan spot is marked with a number stick. The number stick may not be moved from its place. The caravan should placed in such a way that the number stick remains in the rear corner on the driver's side when reversing. The safety distance between the caravans must be at least four meters. The length of the actual trailer or motorhome space is eight meters. Vehicle is parked in front of the trailer or taken to the adjacent parking space. It is not allowed to park in the adjacent spot that appears to be empty, because it may be rented for an other customer as a seasonal spot or day/week spot.
- The speed limit in the caravan area is 20 km/h.
- Riding snowmobiles or ATVs is prohibited, with the exception of transport and maintenance trips.
- Dogs and other pets must be kept on a leash and pet waste must be disposed of in the trash.
- Objects that easily fall under the snow, such as electric cables and parts of the front tent, must be marked clearly so that they do not break during snow clearance. If the markings are incomplete, the wagon user is responsible for any damage to them.
- Electric cables must be placed in such a way that they do not get covered by snow.
- Detached pallets placed on the side of the wagon must be marked on their outer corners with marking sticks of sufficient height. If an unmarked or inadequately marked pallet under the snow catches the snow bucket or snow sling and breaks the carriage, Rukakeskus Oy and or the contractor are not responsible for the repairs.
- Please keep the number of your carriage space on the cover of the electricity pole clear of snow and sleet.
- Please keep the chassis of your wagon open on at least one side in case of a possible gas leak.
- At the end of the rental period, the tenant must hand over the place they reserved in a clean condition and remove the structures, pallets, carpets, etc.
- Disturbances regarding the caravan area should be reported to the Ski-Inn reception, +358 10 382 5150*. When the reception is closed, call the SOL property maintenance on-call 040 684 6256, night on-call 040 152 8745.
*The call costs the caller 8.35 cents/call + 16.69 cents/min (VAT 24%) when calling from Finnish landline and mobile phone connections. When calling from abroad, the price is determined according to the price list of the local operator.