National Parks at Ruka!
This event is suitable for the whole family. Test out winter hiking equipment, from snowshoes to fatbikes, and learn new ways to enjoy the wintery nature!
The program includes winter activities for the whole family:
- Test drive a fatbike and check out the cool fatbike tricks!
- Pet a reindeer, learn more about the life of reindeer and jump into a sled pulled by a reindeer at 11-14 pm
- Have you ever tried ice fishing? Now there is a great chance.
- Try out trendy snowshoes and skin-based skis and learn more about all the winter hiking possibilities.
- Rub a husky behind the ear and get to know more about husky rides.
- How to observe northern lights? Why not while riding on a comfortable sled!
- Take a short stroll on a wintery nature trail near a Sami hut, “kota”, and learn more about nordic nature!
- Sip a cup of warm juice or campfire coffee and get inspired of the winter hiking possibilities in national parks. You can also grill your own sausages in the campfire of a Sami hut, “kota”.
- Meet the favourite mascots of Ruka: Rosa, Rudolf and Vyöti the Bear!
The event will take a place at the Kaltiolampi pond, right below the front slopes and straight in the heart of the Ruka village. No entrance fee. Welcome!
We reserve the rights to the possible changes in the program.
Same time at Ruka:
#COORDINATESOFNATURE #OULANKA #RIISITUNTURI #HOSSA